PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
Welcome to bobstores.com (the “Website”), the website for Bob’s Stores. Bob’s Stores is referred to as “Bob’s” on the site.
Bob’s Stores wants to make your experience online convenient and safe. We want you to know what information we collect, how we may use that information, how we protect that information, and how we share that information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as more particularly described under applicable privacy legislation. This Privacy and Security Policy does not apply to information about our employees or to information that is not personal information.
What Information We Collect
We collect information you provide to us, either when using our Website, through our retail operations or otherwise. For example, when you answer our polls, become a best of bob’s® member and provide us with your name, e-mail address, address, telephone number, and date of birth, enter sweepstakes or contests, provide us with your telephone number at the time of a purchase, fill out the Business 2 Business sign-up page and click the “Submit” button, send us feedback, or apply for a job on our Website in the “Opportunities” section by completing your resume information and clicking the “Submit Resume” button, you are voluntarily providing us your personal information. In addition, each time you visit our Website, our servers will automatically collect certain information describing your visit, including your IP address and browser information. By itself, an IP address is not personally identifiable, although this information may be combined with other personal information. This automatically collected information provides us with data regarding the use of the Website.
How We Use the Information We Collect
When we do collect information from you, we may use it for a number of purposes, including to:
- identify your product and service preferences, so that we can notify you of new or additional products, services and promotions that might be of interest to you;
- improve merchandise selections and customer service;
- notify you about new services, features, promotions and special offers relating to the Business we think you will find valuable;
- respond to your inquiries;
- administer your participation in promotions, contests and sweepstakes in which you have chosen to participate;
- administer your participation in best of bob’s®;
- contact prospective applicants about resumes; and
- understand and improve your use and experience on our Website.
Those With Whom We Share Your Information
Your information may be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as a part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of the Business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
We also share certain personal information we collect about you with third parties who perform services for us or with whom we contract for the purposes described in this Privacy and Security Policy. For example, we may use third parties to host our Website, operate certain of its features, send e-mails, print or send mailings, authorize and process your payments, analyze data and assist in fulfilling your orders. These third party service providers are given the information that they need to perform their designated functions and we do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
Policies for Children
We do not seek nor will we knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
Links to Other Sites
When you use our Website, you may discover that it contains links to other sites that are not owned or operated by the Business. These links are not intended to be referrals or endorsements of the linked sites and the Business is providing them only as a convenience. As such, the Business does not warrant, represent or assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness or operation of any linked site (or any site contained in a linked site), or the practices or privacy and other policies contained in any linked site (or any site contained in a linked site). You should familiarize yourself, therefore, with the specific legal, privacy and security information contained in any such linked sites.
Our Website also contains links to other sites operated by the Business. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link, as the terms and conditions of use and the personal information you provide may vary from website to website.
Other Types of Data Collection
How We Protect Your Information
We employ various security measures designed to help protect the personal information that we collect about you. We have instituted software firewalls to protect our servers and network. When your credit card information is collected through our Website, it is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. We also use VeriSign technology to help us protect against fraud. Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and therefore we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any such information.
Opt Out From E-Mail
You can opt out of e-mail from us by doing one of the following:
- If you originally signed up on the Bob’s Stores e-mail sign-up page, please return to that page, and click on the “unsubscribe” link. Then enter your e-mail address and click the “Submit” button. Please be sure to use the same e-mail address as that which you originally used to opt in. Otherwise it may not be possible to comply with your request; or
- When you have received an e-mail from Bob’s Stores, you can follow the opt out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your Bob’s Stores e-mail. (We may need to continue to contact you relating to orders you have placed with us and certain other operational uses and your opt-out selection will not apply to these operational uses.)
Opt Out From E-Mail and/or Postal Mail
You can opt out of e-mail and/or postal mail from us by doing the following:
- Contact Bob’s Stores’ Customer Service Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) at 1-866-333-BOBS(2627) if you do not want to receive e-mail and/or postal mail communications from us in the future. (We may need to continue to contact you relating to orders you have placed with us.)
In addition, please note that any opt out for postal mail may take at least sixty (60) days to become effective.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy and Security Policy, or if you wish to make changes to your information, you may contact us at the following address:
160 Corporate Court
Meriden, CT 06450
Attn: Customer Service – Privacy and Security Policy
Changes to Our Policy
We reserve the right to modify our Privacy and Security Policy by updating this posting. Your use of our Website following any change constitutes your agreement to be bound by the changed terms. For this reason, we strongly encourage you to please refer to this statement often for the latest information.
This statement was last updated as of August 20, 2008.
©2010 Bob’s Stores Corp. All rights reserved.